Why use a CDN
- It avoids extra build pipeline stages during deployment. There is no step to ‘copy assets to CDN’.
- It simplifies development and staging, as all of the CDN-dependent parts can simply point to the staging or development instance without further compilation.
The CDN provides multiple benefits:
- reliable hosting for mission-critical assets that must work
- speedy serving of assets to users via geo-local edge servers
- ability to roll out new versions for bugfixes without co-ordinating with all implementing members